In 1976, river often overflowed including 1990 and, in hunting Tachikawa basin of the Matsuura River water system, was hit by flood disaster in 1967.
In addition, townsman was forced to life of distress at every shortage of water because Yamanouchicho was area where water circumstances were severe.
Thus, we built as multipurpose dam in no hokawajoryubu on hunting Tachikawa and day to plan flood control, stabilization of existing profit water intake, maintenance of river environment and securing of water source of water supply water of Yamanouchicho in the prefecture.
- The business main constituent: Saga
- Water system name: The first class water system Matsuura River
- River name: Hunting Tachikawa, day no hokawa
- Position: Yamanouchicho, Takeo-shi, Saga
- Model: Gravity-type concrete dam
- Dam summary:
- The amount of bank: kariritsu dam 28.4m, day no ho dam 28.4m
- Mayor of bank top: kariritsu dam 177.0m, day no ho dam 112.0m
- Bank volume: kariritsu dam 41,100m3, day no ho dam 21,900m3
7. Catchment area:
￮ (directly) 2.25km2
￮ (indirectly) 0.43km2
8. Total storing water capacity: 1,790,000m3
9. Valid storing water capacity: 1,690,000m3
10. Term of works: From 1982 to 2001
11. Total operating cost: 13,000,000,000 yen