Motobu Dam (the June, 1988 completion) Motobe Dam
The last update date:
In 1972, river often overflowed including 1976, and, in Kawafuru lower part of a river basin of the Matsuura River water system, great flood damage including the inundation of house occurred in 1967.
In addition, securing of new water supply water source became urgent business when water supply of waterworks spread in Takeo-shi.
Thus, we built Motobu Dam as multipurpose dam in the Kawafuru upper part of a river style region to plan flood control, stabilization of existing profit water intake, maintenance of river environment and securing of water source of waterworks of Takeo-shi in the prefecture.
- The business main constituent: Saga
- Water system name: The first class water system Matsuura River
- River name: Kawafuru River
- Position: Wakagicho, Takeo-shi, Saga
- Model: Gravity-type concrete dam
- Dam summary:
- The amount of bank: 42.1m
- Mayor of bank top: 130.0m
- Bank volume: 69,700m3
- Catchment area:
- It is 1.36km2 directly
- Indirect 0.94km2
- Total storing water capacity: 1,140,000m3
- Valid storing water capacity: 1,090,000m3
- Term of works: From 1979 to 1987
- Total operating cost: 6,380,000,000 yen
We relate to this page