Arita Dam (the June, 1961 completion) Arita Dam
The last update date:
River overflowed by flood in 1948, and, in the Arida River water system, basin was hit by unprecedented severe flood.
Therefore, radical river improvement countermeasures was necessary, but houses crowded along the river in Arita-cho, and there was widening of river in the extremely difficult situation.
In addition, in Arita-cho, townsman was often annoyed by shortage of water from ancient times as water circumstances were strict towns.
Thus, we built Arita Dam as multipurpose dam of this prefectural first in upper Shirakawa region of the Arida River water system to plan flood control, stabilization of existing profit water intake, maintenance of river environment and securing of Arita-cho tap water source in the prefecture.
- The business main constituent: Saga
- Water system name: The second class water system Arida River
- River name: Shirakawa
- Position: Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga
- Model: Gravity-type concrete dam
- Dam summary
- The amount of bank: 27.5m
- Mayor of bank top: 108.0m
- Bank volume: 13,700m3
- Catchment area: 2.23km2
- Total storing water capacity: 1,180,000m3
- Valid storing water capacity: 1,580,000m3
- Term of works: From 1958 to 1960
- Total operating cost: 180,000,000 yen
We relate to this page