Longmen dam (the March, 1976 completion) Ryumon Dam
The last update date:
In the Arida River water system, basin was hit by crushing flood disaster by flood of 1967.
Therefore, we decided to build dam with conduct of river repair including the Arida River about flood countermeasures of the Arida River water system in addition in upper basin in the prefecture, and to plan reduction of flood damage.
In addition, basin inhabitants were often annoyed by shortage of water from ancient times as the Arida River basin was the poor topography geological feature of moisture holding ability, and water circumstances were severe.
Thus, we built Longmen dam as multipurpose dam in upper Hirose River region of the Arida River water system to plan flood control, stabilization of existing profit water intake, maintenance of river environment and Imari-shi, securing of Arita-cho tap water source in the prefecture.
- The business main constituent: Saga
- Water system name: The second class water system Arida River
- River name: The Hirose River
- Position: Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga
- Model: Gravity-type concrete dam
- Dam summary:
- The amount of bank: 42.2m
- Mayor of bank top: 150.0m
- Bank volume: 59,000m3
- Catchment area: 3.2km2
- Total storing water capacity: 2,350,000m3
- Valid storing water capacity: 2,220,000m3
- Term of works: From 1968 to 1975
- Total operating cost: 1,959,000,000 yen
We relate to this page