Flat Koba dam (the March, 1984 completion) Hirakoba Dam
The last update date:
In 1959, river often overflowed including 1967, and, in Machida lower part of a river basin of the Matsuura River water system, great flood damage including the inundation of house occurred in 1953.
Therefore, radical river improvement countermeasures was necessary, but houses crowded in enkawa of Machida River, and large river repair was the difficult situation.
Furthermore, new water source was necessary on enlarging water-supply district of waterworks in Karatsu-shi.
Thus, we built flat Kiba dam as multipurpose dam in Kawakami, Machida style region to plan flood control, stabilization of existing profit water intake, maintenance of river environment and securing of tap water source of Karatsu-shi in the prefecture.
- The business main constituent: Saga
- Water system name: The first class water system Matsuura River
- River name: Machida River
- Position: Kamikamida, Karatsu-shi, Saga
- (master) gravity-type concrete dam
- (the side) earth-fill dam
- Dam summary:
- Bank high (master) 29.5m (the side) 28.2m
- Bank top long (master) 117.0m (the side) 390.0m
- Bank volume (master) 27,500m3 (the side) 268,000m3
- Catchment area: 2.24km2
- Total storing water capacity: 1,080,000m3
- Valid storing water capacity: 1,020,000m3
- Term of works: From 1972 to 1983
- Total operating cost: 5,450,000,000 yen
We relate to this page