Saga-shi history Museum of Daily Life old Koga Bank
The last update date:
No. 2010-4 Saga-shi history Museum of Daily Life old Koga Bank [Yanagimachi, Saga-shi]
Story concerning inheritance
Both banks merged Saga 72nd national bank with the present location slant facing in Koga Bank in bank which we established in establishment, 1898 in 1889 in 1885, and exchanger, Zenpei Koga renamed old Koga Bank to BANK OF SAGA Ltd., and the head office was built nearer present location east in 1906. We increased the capital in 1913 and were renamed to Koga Bank again and developed before the large enlargement of the head office was counted in one of five components Bank of Kyushu as expected, but, by dullness of coal mine management, we were driven into closure in 1926 and were dissolved in 1933.
Afterwards, it has been used as the Saga Board of Trade and Saga labor hall.
Characteristic of building
Building of old Koga Bank changes the use for several degrees after the foundation and leaves history of remodeling in the building. We give glory to appearance of building with format called brick tiling which used stone obi and are historical heritage which is valuable in knowing process when modern architecture penetrates as bank architecture carrying one end of new city function to district.
Approach of preservation and utilization
Cafe wave abusive seat uses some space in facility. In addition, it is irregular, and concerts are held in hall in hall. At "the Saga-jo Castle bottom Doll's Festival" held in Yanagimachi district in March from February in usual, hina dolls are displayed by "Saga-jo Castle bottom Doll's Festival executive committee" and carry one end of bustle of the Doll's Festival.
We relate to this page