| November 1, 2019|
Saga The Prefectural Library Planning Division
Person in charge Nishimuta
... which it is open by display "world exhibition of excellent tail having spare time Japanese paper", and there is as for ... "papermaking experience"
In Saga The Prefectural Library, we hold plan display that featured the theme of Japanese paper which is materials of book for Book Week (from October 27 to November 9).
It is regarded as the Nara era that paper was born in Japan. Afterwards, speaking of about 1,100 years, paper before Western paper beginning to be used in the Meiji era, it was "Japanese paper".
This display is collaboration exhibition with excellent tail having spare time Japanese paper which continues evolving while following tradition of Saga important intangible cultural property "excellent tail making paper by hand Japanese paper". We introduce process of Japanese paper production and example that is actually used by panel and display new Japanese paper product which plays, and took in thoughtful design. As you can pick up a part of the display, please touch feel of a material peculiar to Japanese paper.
We display book about Japanese paper in total and, after the viewing, meet curiosity of who came to want to know Japanese paper deeply well.
In addition, we plan "papermaking experience" by the kindness of excellent tail having spare time Japanese paper this time. It is workshop of local meeting, field dissolution type. Person who is interested, please participate in this occasion.
Display "world exhibition of excellent tail having spare time Japanese paper"
1 plan display
(1) Display name "world exhibition of excellent tail having spare time Japanese paper"
(2) Until period Tuesday, November 26, 2019
(3) Time from 9:00 to 20:00 (library opening time)
(4) Place The Prefectural Library the first floor display hall
2 workshops (local meeting, "papermaking experience" of local dissolution)
(1) Date and time Sunday, November 24 14:00 ...
(2) Venue name tail having spare time Japanese paper studio (Oaza, Taiwa-cho, Saga-shi name tail 4756)
(3) Ten capacity (first-come-first-served basis)
(4) Entrance fee 2,000 yen (on the day we pay locally)
(5) We limit whether you have you propose at general counter on application method the second floor of this hotel to application over telephone. As receptionist in excellent tail having spare time Japanese paper studio does not perform, about this workshop, please be careful.
(6) Until application deadline Friday, November 22 17:00
(7) Use of application The Prefectural Library Service Section
State of papermaking
Tapa of raw materials of Japanese paper