A lot of death from suffocation accidents of child six years or younger occur
Among death from suffocation accidents of child, it turns out that it is one of the big causes that food causes death from suffocation accident of child and announces alerting in Consumer Affairs Agency.
Let's be careful about the following points to prevent suffocation accident with food.
Point to prevent suffocation accident with food
(how to give meals)
(1) We cut food small and we make size that it is easy to eat and give.
(2) We do one share of quantity to quantity that matched size of mouth of child and warn size when we feed throat including candy and tablet food which is easy to be clogged up.
(3) Hard beans, nuts such as peanuts which are easy to enter the bronchus by mistake do not feed until around 3 years old.
(4) Elder child is careful not to give food which is dangerous to infants.
(being careful during a meal)
(1) It does not serve food while walking while playing with lying.
(2) We urge to swallow after crunching well slowly without swallowing hastily.
(3) We drink tea or water and, on meal, moisten throat.
(4) We talk with putting food in the mouth and do not let you eat while doing something.
(5) We do not become sleepy or are careful during a meal whether you sit down definitely. In addition, we do not surprise during a meal.
As for the details, please see Consumer Affairs Agency public announcement material (PDF: 398.9 kilobytes).
We protect ... child from accident! Project ... (external link)
In Consumer Affairs Agency, "we protect child from accident!" We carry out "project" to perform tameno various approaches intensively.
"Child security email, introduction of Twitter" (external link)
In mail delivery service "child security email from Consumer Affairs Agency" which is one of the approaches, we send precaution and trivia to prevent unexpected accident of child before 0 years old ... elementary school entrance to school mainly on every Thursday. Please inflect to prevent accident of child as we give information with carrying and PC.
Guidelines (external link) for correspondence at the time of accident prevention in education, child-care facility and accident occurrence